Va va voom! Award shows can be a mixed bag when it comes to fashion, but the 2013 Golden Globes did not disappoint. There were a variety of amazing gowns that would be great investments for the pageant stage. The color of the season is black black, and more black. Trends include lace, hardware/metal, sky-high slits, sheer panels, low backs, and plunging necklines.
Allie’s top ten picks from the show
10. Nicole Kidman: Loving the new hardware/metal trend. The see-thru panels and low back make this dress interesting and sexy.
9. Julianne Hough: A safe bet with sparkles and feathers.
8. Jessica Alba: A gorgeous coral color—not seasonly appropriate but gorgeous nonetheless.
7. Kate Hudson: I am a sucker for long sleeves and plunging necklines. I expect hardware (spikes, grommets, etc.) to make its way on to the pageant stage next year with reckless abandon.
6. Sofia Vergara: Always the epitome of a sparkly Miss Universe.
5. Jennifer Lawrence: An interesting ball gown of deep coral with metal detail.
4. Nicole Richie: I love lace. This color is great and the long sleeves add class.
3. Taylor Swift: This is hot and mysterious. Sheer paneling is IN right now.
2. Eva Longoria: This reminds me of a Sherri Hill piece that we saw on the Teen stage last year at Miss California.
1. JLO: Have I mentioned that I love lace?! She looks ravishing in traditional pageant white.
Which ones were your favorites? Would you wear one of these styles at your next pageant?